- How do you feel about your grades? Allow your kids to feel what they feel without trying to change it. If they are happy & proud, say, “I see you feel happy and proud”. If they are disappointed, say “You feel disappointed”. Kids want to feel seen, heard and felt. Refrain from telling them what YOU think, “you should be very proud of this” or “These grades should be higher”. Instead, just tell them how you see them reacting. This is hard but you can do it!
- What has this school year taught you about what you love and what you don’t?
- What has this school year taught you about your special gifts and talents?
- What has this school year taught you about how you best learn and study?
- Are there any surprises for you on this report card?
- Which grade are you most proud of and why?
- How could you make your next school year even better?
- What is your plan to get even better at playing this game called “School”?
- Is there anything we can do to support you on your goals?
- Which of the teacher comments do you appreciate/value the most?
10 Powerful Questions
5 Questions every morning to give you clarity and intention.
5 Questions every evening to give you satisfaction and gratitude.
This is the best way to get you in the driver’s seat of your life.