- Tropical vacation = I need psychological and phyiscal rest.
- To lose weight = I need to feel like me (athletic, attractive, in control).
- A night on the town = I need to feel carefree, important, socially connected, a break from responsibility.
- A gift from sweetheart = I need to feel cared for, appreciated, valued.
- A new house, kitchen, etc.= I want my outer world to reflect my inner world whether it is new, clean, different, modern, good for entertaining, etc.
- To win the lottery = Freedom from money worries.
- Wanting to play video games for hours can be wanting an escape. Introverts, especially, will escape to this world to feel rested and renergized.
- Yearning for a new toy can mean I’m ready for new stimulation and excitement.
- Wanting playdates can be a yearning for more social connections, fun, and, for extroverts, an important part of learning.
- Babies, puppies, and other cute cuddlies are a yearning for that loving, peaceful feeling. Pull out baby photos and home movies of your child and cuddle them on the couch, unless you have an endless supply of puppies and babies.
- Wanting a cell phone can be a kids way of saying ‘I want to fit in with my peer group and feel connected to them’.
- Repeating “I’m hungry” or “I’m bored” all day long, could be true, but it can also be a yearning for attention, excitement, social stimulation, or a change of pace.
10 Powerful Questions
5 Questions every morning to give you clarity and intention.
5 Questions every evening to give you satisfaction and gratitude.
This is the best way to get you in the driver’s seat of your life.